Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Time For New Year's Resolutions!

New Year's Eve is upon us, and I don't know what that means for you, but for me it means: NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS!!!

I LOVE making my list of resolutions, and I love the feeling of a fresh start at the beginning of the year. I'm really hoping that 2012 can make up for 2011... and especially 2010, which was the worst year of my life...

Four days into 2010 my brother Ryan committed suicide. It was the most awful thing I had ever experienced, and it essentially set the tone for the 12 months that followed. I developed a drug habit as an attempt to cope with the pain and then it was all downhill from there...

So today, just four days away from welcoming 2012 with open arms, I am anticipating my best year yet. Here are a few of my mile long list of things I plan to do differently in 2012:

  • Start saving money
  • Get back on the diet that I let fall by the wayside as soon as Thanksgiving rolled around
  • Have my kids in bed by 9 (or 9:30, if I'm being realistic)
  • Have myself in bed by 10:30
  • Avoid Drive Thru restaurants at all costs
  • Develop and stick to a routine
  • Blog at least once a day
  • Exercise
  • Think about quitting smoking
  • Buy a more economical car
  • Move out of our one bedroom "cottage" and into a place where we're not tripping over eachother
  • Get back into my couponing groove
  • Stop buying scratch off lottery tickets
I would keep going but my lunch break is over and I'm already exhausted from realizing the big job I have ahead of me in even reaching three of the above mentioned goals...

Do you have any helpful resolutions that I may have left off my list?

Here's to making 2012 the BEST year so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment