Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Know Why I Smile? Cause It's Worth It...

I love to laugh... Sometimes when my kids stress me out, or I feel overwhelmed by my situation, the only way to keep myself upbeat and positive is to watch something funny on the internet.
Last night my boys were having an unstoppable Kung Fu session on the pull out sofa bed, and no threat or increase in volume in my voice could get them to chill out and just sit down. So rather than let my spike in blood pressure give me a stroke, I went out front and sat on our patio chair and watched "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On" on my phone... Afterwards I was able to approach my Karate Kids with calmness and serenity...
I remained in my state of harmony for about four minutes, at which point the cushions from the pull out sofa were dragged into a pile in the middle of the living room and my two and seven year old were using them as a target for their spin kicks and front flips as they launched themselves off of the arm rests of the sofa.
So I returned to my meditation spot in the front yard and was very relieved to know that "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On" had a sequel, and that I could count on it to be the silver lining of my evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment