Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Saving Money on Groceries

As I have mentioned before, I love saving money with coupons. Since none of the stores in our area seem to double coupons we are at a bit of a disadvantage, but I have discovered a little trick that has actually saved me way more in the long run than doubling coupons ever could.

I only shop at Safeway. I realize that their prices can be a little bit higher than some of the other stores in our area, but you can solve that problem by following these simple steps:

1) Go to Safeway and ask to sign up for a Safeway card
2) Sign up there, and they should give you your card at that point
3) Go online and sign up for "Just For U"
4) Once successfully signed up you will be able to load e-Coupons onto your card, there are lots, and I load them all, even if I don't think I need them just because you never know

NOW, all of that seems pretty self explanitory, in fact there are probably lots of you reading this who have already done steps 1-4 and are currently using e-Coupons, but did you know that 99% of the coupons offered as loadable coupons on the Safeway website are available as printable coupons on coupons.com?

What does this mean for us? Well I will share one of the recent deals I got using this method just to show you an example:

eCoupon on Safeway.com : $3 off 1 Hormel Party Tray
Printable coupon on coupons.com : $3 off 1 Hormel Party Tray

Purchased Hormel Party Tray @ $8.99
eCoupon automatic deduction  -  $3.00
Paper Coupon deduction         -  $3.00

Total Amount Paid: $2.99! Pretty cool, right? Try it out... I dare you! And let me know about your little come ups using this method...

Another little tidbit of information: On the coupons.com website there is a tab in the left column that says "Savings Card", this one is a little more hit or miss, but I have had times when I have had a loadable coupon for coupons.com, a loadable coupon from Safeway.com, and a paper coupon all go through for the same product, which is pretty awesome when it happens! Try it out, I want to hear all about your shopping adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment