Tuesday, November 29, 2011

You Might Have Unclaimed Money!

Did you know that the state of California is currently sitting on over $6,000,000,000 (yes, billion!) worth of unclaimed property? The money usually derives from things like old bank deposits, uncashed checks, all kinds of random things.

There is actually a website where you enter your name and they tell you right away if they're holding on to something that's yours, and if so there is a claim form you print off the website and send to them. I have personally spent hours on this site, looking up just about every single person I had ever met in my life to see if they had any unclaimed property. I kid you not, at one point I entered the name of one of my elementary school friend's parents and found out that the state of California owed her dad $37,000!

So yeah, if you have some time on your hands you may want to try your luck on the California Unclaimed Property site! Let me know if you find out they owe you anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment